Saturday, December 8, 2012

Introduction & A Little About Myself

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new blog, "Windy City Indian." In this blog, you will find my take on various Indian restaurants across the good ol' city of Chicago. I am concentrating on restaurants outside of Devon Street to focus more on eateries in neighborhoods that don't have Indian influences.

A little bit about me: My parents migrated from Southern India to the States 20+ years ago. I was born and bred in Houston, Texas. I grew up knowing nothing about food other than the spicy goodness of my parents' home-cooked meals.

After college, I moved to Chicago to work in Advertising, and through the years, I noticed the lack of quality Indian dining in Chicago's most popular neighborhoods. Most of the restaurants had bland flavors and I craved the richness of authentic Indian food.

With that in mind, I set out to discover the (in my opinion) best Indian cuisines in Chicago and help create a guide for anyone looking to enjoy good food experiences. You will find at least a new review once a month.

1 comment:

  1. You should also add other Indian restaurants from other cities for comparison!

    ReplyDelete